Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{Red & Silver}

McKayla Maroney's one of my favorite members of USA's gold-medal winning gymnastics team.  She was selected to the team solely for her vault.  Her height and form is unmatched by any other female gymnast in history, in my opinion, although it's not the fairest of claims to make since they changed the vaulting table about ten years ago, making it safer and springier. 

Regardless, her humor, her for-the-camera faux glamor poses, and her competition face all make her utterly likeable.

The girls looked great in the red and silver leos during team finals.  It was supposed to be "more patriotic" than their typical uniforms for international competitions, which really translates to "NOT pink."  I think the fact that they did so well and won the gold is perhaps clouding my judgement, but I really loved the overall look.

Here's the brilliant McKayla Maroney:






No comments:

Post a Comment