Monday, October 22, 2012

{Coco Chanel on Life}

Coco Chanel is more than a fashion icon.  Her shrewd reflections on life, as well as her self-reliance and boldness, made her a woman who blazed trails for the rest of us as female's in art and commerce, giving us permission to be exactly who we want to be in the face of a heavily male-dominated society.


"Fashion is not simply a matter of clothes. Fashion is in the air, born upon the wind. One intuits it. It is in the sky and on the road."



"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future." 




“It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment