Sunday, October 7, 2012

{Grace by the Sea}


 As we prepare for winter's arrival in Minneapolis, South Africa's ushering in its summer season. One of my friends recently asked me to look for some high-waisted bikinis for her, so swimwear's been on my mind lately.

And who better to look to for beach inspiration than Grace Kelly? She makes being classy look entirely too easy. While Kelly isn't my typical go-to fashion icon, there are times when I'd like to exhibit the cool outward reserve and demeanor that she so effortlessly exuded with her style and personality.


Grace Kelly by the sea
 Grace Kelly by the sea

"I avoid looking back. I prefer good memories to regrets." --Grace Kelly

Grace Kelly on a bicycle

Grace Kelly by the sea
  

Here are a few modern pieces that echo Kelly's iconic beach look:


 American Apparel:

American Apparel high-waisted bikini


Modcloth:
Modcloth high-waisted bikini

 Free People:
 free people high-waisted bikini

No comments:

Post a Comment