Sunday, March 2, 2014

{Creating a Personal Space}

Since I spent my 20s moving between continents and U.S. cities, I have a difficult time making big purchases that anchor me to a place. I've been in the mindset of thinking that in a few years I'll be somewhere new anyway, so what's the point. Lately, though, I've been trying to buy a few things that make my apartment feel more comfortable and inhabited. Here's my inspiration.

Celine's apartment in Before Sunset





Photographer Noa Azoulay's home in California:





I love the feel of both of these places, mainly because, while there's an element of thematic cohesion (e.g., boho/eclectic), the overarching feel of each one is natural, relaxed, and personal. 

Here are a few pieces that emulate the style of these apartments. (I've bought a few and will post pics if I ever get my place organized.)





Faux Cowhide Rug: Rugs.com
Canvas Map Print: Dot & Bo
Cushions: Dot & Bo
Coffee Table: Anthropologie
Couch: Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment