Sunday, March 2, 2014

{Matisse & Dresses}


My friend and I went to the Matisse exhibit this weekend at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. She thought it would be cool to do an outfit / fashion shoot based on Matisse's Yellow Dress painting. After about an hour of searching Polyvore, Modcloth, and Free People, I found a few dresses that seem to echo the spirit of the painting.








"Slowly I discovered the secret of my art. It consists of a meditation on nature, on the expression of a dream which is always inspired by reality. With more involvement and regularity, I learned to push each study in a certain direction. Little by little the notion that painting is a means of expression asserted itself, and that one can express the same thing in several ways. Exactitude is not truth." --Matisse

1 comment:

  1. My vote is making the dress out of tissue paper and mixed media. We make it in your size to be accompanied by your coral lippy.

    ReplyDelete